Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (Govt. of India) announces the opening of application portal of the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) scheme. The scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral (PhD) programs of IITs and IISc for carrying out research in cutting edge science and technology domains, with focus on national priorities.
IMPORTANTà THE PORTAL FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PMRF MAY 2019 WILL GO LIVE IN FEBRUARY 2019
- Applicant must have completed or be pursuing the final year of four year undergraduate or five year integrated M.Tech or five year integrated M.Sc. or five year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs;
- Applicant must have secured at least CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (in scale of 10.0).
- For applicants in five year integrated or dual degree programs if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the program then the CGPA/CPI of UG part (first four year) will be considered.
- Applicant must have completed the required academic qualification in the last five years.
- First two years fellowship: Rs.70,000/- per month
- 3rd year: Rs.75,000/- per month
- 4th and 5th years: Rs.80,000/- per month
- Research grant: Rs.2.00 lakh per year
Duration of fellowship: 4 years for students from integrated courses and 5 years for B. Tech. students.
- Apply online à https://may2019.pmrf.in
- Beginning of submission of applications: 24 February 2018
- Last date for submission of the applications: 31 March 2018
- Tentative dates for interviews at Nodal institutions: 15 May 2018 onwards
- Tentative date for announcement of results: 01 June 2018